Come and Join our Team
Sharper Edge Custom Concrete – “Everything is Better in Concrete”
We are looking to hire an experienced concrete finisher who can expertly pour, level, and smooth concrete on a variety of surfaces including driveways, sidewalks, curbs, and foundations. You will also complete the job site prep to include but not limited to dirt excavation, base and foundation preparation and setting the forms that hold the concrete in place, patch existing surfaces, cut expansion joints, and monitor the curing of the concrete to ensure a high-quality finish.
To be a successful concrete finisher, you must possess the skills necessary for the trade and be familiar with the latest concrete pouring technology. You should also be physically fit and be able to stand for long periods of time, work on your knees, lift heavy materials, and work outdoors in high heat and cold weather.
Concrete Finisher Responsibilities:
- All job site preparation to pour concrete to include dirt excavation and removal
- Setting forms that hold the concrete in place.
- Cleaning and inspecting surfaces for pouring issues.
- Directing the casting of the concrete with the truck driver.
- Pouring, smoothing, and leveling concrete using a rake, trowel, float, and screed. This includes handheld tools and power tool versions.
- Monitoring the effects of the weather on the curing process.
- Applying sealing and hardening components.
- Safely operating power vibrator to ensure the concrete is compacted.
- Molding and constructing expansion joints using joiners and edging tools.
- Polishing surface using a power surfacing machine.
Concrete Finisher Requirements: Minimum 5 years work experience as a concrete laborer or mason.
- Ability to stand for long periods.
- Ability to lift heavy materials and work long hours.
- Ability to kneel for long periods.
- Knowledge of hand-held and power tools including power vibrators, polishers, cutting saws, and edging tools.